How to Create Happiness Today

You can create happiness in your life regardless of your current circumstances. Even if you feel stuck and can’t see a way out, you can experience happy situations every day.

Extensive research into the realm of Positive Psychology has shown that the negative circumstances people experience account for only 10% of their unhappiness. The other 90% are things you can influence.

Some habits help build satisfaction with your life over time. My blog has several free posts about them, such as:

Habits like the above help you create happiness as an upward spiral. You can notice positive changes right away with them, but their real power builds with time.

What About How You Can Create Happiness Right Now?

Delayed gratification can be very rewarding, but if your only source of joy isn’t going to happen until sometime in the future, today can be tough to get through.

Fortunately, you don’t have to wait for things to get better. You don’t even have to wait until tomorrow.

You can take a few minutes right after you finish reading this post, practice what I’m going to teach you, and you can create happiness experiences immediately.

How to Create A Joyful Moment

Step 1: Think of something that makes you happy.

Step 2: Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and let it out slowly.

Step 3: Imagine your happy moment in vivid detail and spend a few seconds imagining each element.

For example: If the beach makes you happy, imagine the feel of warm sun on your skin, the sound of the waves rushing against the shore, the smell of salty ocean air, the sight of waves tumbling over each other and their rich variety of colors, the way birds get chased in by water and then chase it out to grab pebbles and little fish, and any other factor that adds to your happiness. The more detail, the better.

Step 4: Take another deep breath, slowly release it, open your eyes, and notice how you feel.

The moment you just created might have only existed in your head, but the joy, peace, relaxation, and happy feelings are just as real as if you’d lived them…and all it took was a few minutes before the change started.

For more information about creating happiness in your life, visit www.doctorjosegomez.com and download my free report, “7 Ways to Be Happier.”

Also available, my new book: The 7 Secrets to a Happier Life

By |2018-09-02T16:31:05+00:00September 5th, 2018|Create happiness, Happiness|0 Comments

Leave A Comment